Inform us of your loss immediately!
- Your loaning account will be blocked
If you are a university member, you may loan with the student or university ID card.
If you are an external customer, you can get a library ID card free of charge.
The library team will reset the password on the standard password (your date of birth in DD.MM.YYYY format).
Student: Student number with three leading zeros (e.g., 00012345)
Professors: Staff number with leading 010, (e.g., 01000123, or 01001437)
Staff: Staff number with leading 030, (e.g., 03000639 or 03001234)
Lecturers, institute staff and external customers: ID card number
The standard password is your date of birth in DD.MM.YYYY format.
You can renew loaned media up to 6 times.
Loaning is free of charge.
- An advanced loaning period will be granted
If the media does not reappear after thorough search, financial compensation must be paid.
The following deadlines apply:
- Standard deadline: 28 days
- Journals: 14 days
- Course reserve collections (red labels): 2 days (short loaning period)
No renewal is possible in the following cases :
- if you have renewed the media already 6 times
- if the media are reserved
- if your loaning account is charged with high unpaid fees
Yes, send to: Beethovenstrasse 1
You will have to replace any media that get lost in transit.
You may throw loaned media into the book return box in front of the library.
Returned media will be unbooked on the next working day.
Any overdue fines accruing overnight will be due.
If the deadline has expired, overdue fines become due:
- 1st reminder: 1.50€ per media
- 2nd reminder: 5.00€ per media (in addition)
- 3rd reminder: 5.00€ per media (in addition)
- Short loans: 3.00 € per day and media
You will automatically receive an e-mail at your university e-mail account (email@example.com).
Reserved media will be kept in the counter for 7 days.
Media from interlibrary loaning will wait for retrieving for the whole period of loaning.
You have found media in the catalogue that interest you, but they are loaned?
- Click in the full display on ‘Bestellen/Vormerken’
- Log in
- You will get an e-mail to the Studmail e-mail address as soon as the media are available in the library.
See also the video:
How to reserve a book (German only)
1.50 € per ordered media.