Search and find
Here you may find all research tools listed by media type that are available from the library.
If you are outside of the campus network, you will need the OpenVPN to access e-books and the database contents. Some providers also offer access via Shibboleth. Please, observe the legal notes on licensed databases.
- Complete e-book catalogue (including e-books not licensed by the Aalen University)
- Online-Catalogue (only e-books licensed by the Aalen University)
- BOSS (local stock and e-books not licensed by the Aalen University. E-books cannot be ordered by interlibrary loaning.)
- Database Information system (DBIS): e-books collection (e-books not found in the web catalogue)
- Online-Catalogue -local stock (print & online) and link to the journals database (ZDB) about ‘InterlibraryLoanArticles’ with order option for individual articles by interlibrary loaning.
- Electronic Journals Library (EZB) -online journals stock all over Germany. A colour indicator system tells you whether and which volumes are released for the Aalen University. Links to the full texts are available.
- Journals database (ZDB) - Print & online journals stock of Germany and Austria, without ordering option. No evidence of individual articles.
- SpringerLink - The archive contains the full texts of more than 1,050 journals of the Springer publishing company (including Kluwer), as a rule, from volumes 1 up to 2002.
- OPUS - Publication server of the Aalen University of Applied Sciences, contents: mostly final theses of the A/HA and IBW courses of studies
- German National Library - theses
- Database information system (DBIS) - collection: Theses and other final papers
In the library you may read the following daily or weekly newspapsers:
- Aalener Nachrichten
- Schwäbische Post
- Wirtschaft regional
- Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung
- Süddeutsche Zeitung
- Die Zeit
- Das Parlament
We keep older editions for about 2 weeks. Please, ask for them at the counter.
You may find other national and international daily or weekly newspapers in the WISO database under the item ‘Press’.