Learning and Working
Citavi enables you to manage your references, research in library catalogues and subject databases, organise data, collect citations and create bibliographies automatically and in compliance with the standards for different citation styles.
Aalen University has acquired a Citavi campus licence. Training courses on Citavi are offered every term, e. g. via Studium Generale. For further support, please contact your contact person in the library directly: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download the Citavi 6 setup
- When you first launch Citavi, activate your Citavi licence key via the launch wizard by requesting it via your personal account. Use your university email for this purpose.
Help and support for working with Citavi 6
- This manual provides detailed information on installation and licensing (note: Aalen University has a campus licence!) and on the operation of Citavi
- On the Citavi support page, you will find further useful help: Videos, Forum, FAQ and more.
- Also download the settings file of Aalen University. This file is located in the Citavi 6 start window. Open it by clicking on the cogwheel and selecting ‘Einstellungen importieren’ (import settings). The settings file includes key catalogues for you, as well as some in-house citation styles.
Tip: Using a scanning pen (C-Pen), you can easily scan texts and save them in Citavi, e.g. as a citation. You can borrow C-Pens at the Service Point.
Please note that the Word Add-In for Citavi 6 is currently not compatible with LibreOffice.
Citavi and non-Windows users
Would you like to use Citavi but do not have a Windows computer? Then there are several possibilities:
- Install Parallels on your Mac computer and work with Citavi for Windows.
- Borrow a Windows laptop from the library
- Use another software, e.g. Zotero. You want to switch from Citavi to Zotero? Here´s how! (Zotero also works with tablets)
Legal notice on the use of Citavi:
The software is used solely at the instigation and responsibility of the user under the conditions specified by the software provider.
The library offers a variety of workstations on 3 floors so that you may always find a quiet and relaxed environment. Learning tables of the library must be reserved. The free Affluences app can also be used for this purpose. The reserved time slot is available to you for up to half an hour from the start of the reservation period. Your reservation will be canceled of you fail to check in at the library within this time period. Click here for information about other workstations on the university campus.
Along the windows on the 1st and 2nd floors and in front of the balconies you will find individual workstations equipped with power outlets, lamps and comfortable office chairs. If you should need even more peace of mind, an earplug vending machine is available. The louder, more communicative areas are the group study room (BUS) on the 2nd floor and on the ground floor.
Soundproofed learning boxes for individual learners are located along the window front on the 2nd floor. A power connection is available. The boxes offer the opportunity to withdraw and concentrate on learning. A more communicative area is also available on the 2nd floor in the group study room (BUS room).
There are three automts in the library available either for paying library fees or for upgrading your university ID card. In addition, student cards can be validated. The automatic librarians are available during the opening hours of the library.
At the payment machine of the library on the ground floor (near the service point) you may pay any reminder or remote lending fees during the opening hours of the library. During regular opening hours (Mon - Thurs 9 am - 6 pm and Fri 9 am - 4 pm), fees can also be paid directly to the library staff at the service point.
On the ground floor of the library (near the photocopier) there is an automatic upgrade machine. Using these you may load your university ID card from an EC card. The university ID card may be used for printing at the copiers, for paying in the refectory and the canteens and for paying your library fees.