Our Advanced Systems Design (Systems Engineering) research master's program offers you as a student the opportunity to gain your first research experience at the most research-intensive university of applied sciences in Baden-Württemberg.
From the first semester onwards, you will independently pursue a current research topic in the field of systems engineering. You will investigate scientific issues from applied research in state-of-the-art laboratories. You will be in close professional contact with your supervising professor and will be part of a research group.
For your research activities, you will choose a research and development topic (R&D topic) from the following study programs: Electrical Engineering, Optoelectronics and Optics or Mechatronics.
- IT security
- Additive manufacturing for medicine and production
- Automation with (collaborative) industrial robots
- Industry 4.0 applications and control technology in distributed (IoT) systems
- Materials and surfaces
- Application of machine learning in various fields
- Energy generation, conversion and transmission:
- Electrical drive technology- Power electronics
- Grid feed-in / grid stability
- Storage (batteries)
- Mechatronic systems:
- Reliability analyses
- Concepts for optimization
- Optical measurement technology
- Optical manufacturing technologies and their processes