The library is accessible as follows due to the Corona pandemic:
Due to the Corona Protocols regarding student functions in the State of Baden-Württemberg, the University Library will offer limited access to university members starting March 8, 2021.
Access to digital media
As usual, you can access our eBooks and eJournals via the OpenVPN client or, in some cases, via Shibboleth. Journal articles, contributions from collective works, standards, statistics and much more can be found under DBIS.
Access to the University Library Building
- The library is open Monday to Friday from 10:00 to 18:00, and on Saturday’s from 10:00 to 14:00 for university members
- You can continue to borrow media via click & collect:
- Search for the book you want in the web catalog.
- Click on the search results and open the detailed view.
- Click on the button order / reserve.
- A library staff member will pick up the book for you and check it out under your account
- You will receive an email as soon as the book is ready for you
- Books can be picked up during the opening hours.
- The shelves for picking up books can be found in the library’s entrance on the ground floor.
- Please bring your pickup code
- Please also read these instructions or watch this video
- If you would like to study in the library or search through the bookshelves, please contact the Service Point on the ground floor. There you will receive an access card.
- All current hygiene regulations apply.
Return of print media
- To return print media, please use the book return bins either in front of the library building or at the BibSpot in the main campus building, near the Infopoint.
- These will be emptied on workdays.
- You can also send media by post to: Hochschulbibliothek Aalen, Beethovenstr. 1, 73430 Aalen
Virtual Counseling Space and Counseling Appointments
- You have a question? Please come by: Mo-Th from 10:00 to 17:00 https://hs-aalen-de.zoom.us/j/7862257554
- If you need help searching for literature, working with Citavi, or with academic papers (citation regulations, etc.), please schedule a counseling appointment via Terminland. The appointments will be conducted either by teleophone or as a Zoom meeting.
Studying in the Library
- If you would like to study in the library, please reserve a space in advance.
- You are required to wear a mask, even in studying spaces.